It's a Samoan pub.

October 9, 2006: The beginning of my adventure in the Peace Corps. I've been invited to serve as an Information and Communication Techonology volunteer to teach computer skills in Samoa. Disclaimer: The views expressed in this blog are mine and do not in any way reflect the views of the Peace Corps, the US government, or the country of Samoa.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Samoa

I must admit that when I first read that my assignment would be in Samoa, I thought 'Where?' The only connection I made was with a small piece of dialog in "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels".

Once known as Western Samoa, the Independent State of Samoa is a collection of ten islands in the South Pacific, roughly the area of Rhode Island. The population is a little below 180,000 which is not as small as my hometown, but it's not that much larger. They speak both English and Samoan (Even though they speak English, Volunteers still need to learn Samoan).


My Address:
Meghan Veltri, PCV
Peace Corps
Private Mail Bag
Apia, Independent Samoa
South Pacific

If you would like to visit me, please let me know! There are a few restrictions on time but most of the time visitors will be more than welcome!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Meghan,

I just came across your journal about your adventures in Samoa. I added a link to your page to a database I collected of Peace Corps Journals and blogs:

Worldwide Peace Corps Blog Directory:
http://www.PeaceCorpsJournals.com/

Thanks for volunteering with the Peace Corps!

-Mike Sheppard
RPCV / The Gambia (’03-’05)

10:33 AM GMT-11  

Post a Comment

<< Home